SonomaProducts.com

Glad to see all is well. I think the tech was right in having you
check the belts. He likely knows they ship very low quality belts with
their machines.

I was doing maintenance on a new Griz 20"planer that never seemed to
work right. We determined that the outfeed roller was way bent and Griz
sent a new one immediately. As part of the replacement process I found
that one of the three "new" belts that came on the machine was already
broken and another one was shredding. The machine had less than two
hours of op time. In addition to replacing the outfeed we went to an
auto shop and got three new high quality belts. I also aligned the
pullys which were out of alignment (not enough to damage a good belt).
The shop owner though I was a genius when the planer now worked
properly AND no longer had such loud belt slap and hum as it did with
the cheapo belts that came with the unit.