T i m

Default HD foam for laptop case?

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:27:00 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:51:53 +0100, T i m wrote:

Hi All,

Of course my new laptop won't fit in the old Toshiba carry case and
because it's not an armoured jobby I was thinking of making a
'tougher' carry case for it.

I didn't was anything too 'come and take my new laptop' so descrete's
the word here.

Have a look at Pelican cases - www.peli.com

Hi Andy, very nice and I dare say not 'cheap'?

They do a range of tough polypropylene cases that are also waterproof.

Nice features I'm sure but (probably) overspec for my pocket? ;-(

In the generic ones, you get a layer of stout foam in the bottom
followed by a layer with part cut fingers that you can remove and then
a layer of nobbly foam in the lid to hold everything in place.

That sounds like a well thought out system. Not too much hacking about
with the breadknife then?

I use a large one of these to transport two notebooks that I use,
complete with power supplies and accessories.

Hmm ...

They also do a specific laptop case which is quite generic and would
probably work for you.

I checked the sizes and it would seem you have to go up to quite a
large case to cope with the depth (29cm) of this laptop?

RS Components sell this range, but you can probably find better prices
by searching.

Ok, I'll keep looking ..

All the best ..

T i m