Dave Hinz

On 13 Apr 2005 12:23:26 -0700, jim rozen wrote:
In article , Dave Hinz says...

Maybe the one I bought was more fscked up than normal, but they were
_way_ out of tune with each other when I got it. Then again, the clutch
was out of adjustment (no free play - 30 second fix), the oil was
chunky, the voltage regulator was shot, and one fork was nearly dry.
Guy figured the bike was ready to part out, when it just needed about
an hour of attention (and a voltage regulator from one of my parts Saabs).

Those are good buys - the bike I bought had the headlight installed
upside down. The seller made the comment "I don't like those H4 headlights
very much, they don't seem to work very well...."

Yeeeahhhhh...I can see how an H4 upside-down would be unpleasant. For
him, _and_ for passing airplanes. The one I bought was from a cow-orker,
so I couldn't gloat _too_ much about it. I just told him that I spent
some quality time with the bike for a week. Didn't mention that it
totalled a couple hours.

He also didn't know about the hinged oil filter, so the fairing was
making oil changes a major ordeal. Wasn't a mechanic type guy. Good at
tuning MRI scanners, though...

Dave Hinz