On 8 Apr 2005 23:17:35 -0700, "RicodJour"
wrote:

So what's the deal with the contractor? Did you feel that he was
pressuring you into having it done right away for reasons other than
seasonal humidity timing?

He mentioned it a bit at the end of the quote but I didn't go with him
because his quote was higher. The species I am interested in is the
Goodfellow Brazillian Teak (Cumaru), a very hard wood with a 10 coat
polyurethen plus aluminium oxide finish.

It's a dark wood so I guess it'll hide the gaps better than lighter
wood. In addition, according to the research I've done, it should
shrink about 50% less than Oak.

I'm getting it in next week, acclimitise it for two weeks and install
it before the end of the month.

I was a bit nervous about this purchase because I am paying good money
for it ($10K material and labour for the whole house).

Friend of mind asked me why didn't I get the cheap Home Depot $1.99/sq
ft Oak and save myself a bundle. No way I'm going to get those paper
thin wood that cannot be refinished with a filmsy finish. And that
once the wood goes down, it's probably not coming out for the rest of
the life of the house. You might actually be spending more and
getting less with those cheap wood.

Thanks to the internet and guys like you from here, I'm getting quite
comfortable with this purchase now and I think I have made the right
decision.