DL

Default Garage sink distance to vertical drain connection and venting

I would like to install a sink in our garage. Running the hot / cold won't
be a problem other than precautions I might need to take to prevent freezing
lines in the winter months. As we keep our rabbit in the garage during the
winter, I assume it doesn't get cold enough to freeze the lines. Anything I
should be concerned about?

Based on where I can gain access, the drain line will be approximately
12-15' before it taps into a vertical drain connection. I would plan
enought slope to ensure proper drainage. Seems to me that whether it be 1'
or 20', it should be fine as long as the slope ensures proper drainage. Is
this too far?

My biggest concern is the venting for the sink. Will a sink drain properly
if the venting is run from the where the garage sink drain line connects to
the vertical drain line. My assumption is that it will and should be that
way. I have to confirm it the vertical line is or isn't a vent line as
well. If the vertical line doesn't have a vent connected to it, I would tap
a connection to another vent line just above / before where the garage sink
drain connects to the vertical drain line. Concerns / recommendations?

My other option (not really preferred) is to run a vent from just after the
trap before the drain line goes through the wall into the basement area to
be surface mounted do that it exits the garage and then goes above the roof
line somehow. I am not sure this will work effectively if the vertical
connection is 15' away, plus it will be a hassle getting the line to exit
above the roof line.

Any comments or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

David