Colbyt

snipped

"Gita" wrote in message
You did not specify the weight of the fixture. Most will be under 15

pounds.

I'd guess that the fixture is at most 7 lbs.

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/pro...source=froogle

Ah, NON-CONICAL. I hadn't seen one of those before.

At 7 pounds of weight, I think you will be fine using the plastic anchor
above. Take the combo screw that came with your hook kit to the hardware
store. Find the correct size anchor and then buy a combo screw that has the
wood screw threads as long as the anchor. I recall that there is only about
an inch of coarse threads on the one that comes in the kit and that the
anchors when you get up to that size are about 1.5". If it was on a wall I
would use the shorten one.

For best results use a hammer drill to drill a clean hole. If can't use a
hammer drill, consider down sizing you bit one size then after the wobble
effect you will be about right.

Colbyt