Default Grand Designs: building a shed in Peckham

Anyone see "Grand Designs" last night? Chap built a flat-roof house on
a narrow site in Peckham. He basically banged up a metal frame and clad
it in some "phenolic plywood" or something, with sliding glass
sky-lights.

* I missed the beginning. They built a house which appeared to block
out the light to the side windows of the adjacent property. In a case
like this is it OK so long as the neighbour does not complain to the
planning dept when plans are announced?

* The flat roof had a plywood base. How long would this last? I used to
have problems with the plywood on my old flat roof garage.

* Peckham has a dodgy reputation. Wonder if there were any break-ins
during the build. They never tell you stuff like this!

Bruce