Loner

Dundonald wrote:

Quick couple questions please.

1. I am having the front of my property block paved. The man hole on
the front of our property was previously one of those big concrete ones
(similar to the picture found here
http://www.pavingexpert.com/recess04.htm).

The small company doing the block paving is suggesting that a recessed
replacement man hole cover can't be used so instead he plans to use a
simple alloy cover.

Is he feeding me bull? I'm concerned about the continuity break up in
the appearance, and, the sheer ugliness of the cover.

If the manhole shaft is built of brick, you can remove the concrete slab
on top of it, and knock off as many courses of brick as you need, to get
the top of the slab down to the required level. Then you can fit a new
recessed cover...
I did this myself, when paving my own patio.