Jim Behning

If you were worried about it you could build a frame around it that
takes at least 4 24x24 white furnace filters. Not the 99 cent ones but
some better ones. I mentioned at least 4 filters because you do not
want the air flow restricted too much by some small filter area.

"TheNewGuy" wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Jim.

My thought is that the gable fan would obviate the need for an ambient
air filter/scrubber. Even with the best collection at the machines I
have, from what I've read sofar, there could still be some v.fine dust
in the air. In particular: how much sanding do I do, and how well can
I collect the sanding dust? Is my DC unit closeted (not planned to be
right now)? And I'm still looking for a good way to hookup a chopsaw
to the DC to capture max dust.

So, if the gable fan can refresh the air in my shop every... 10-12
minutes? I gotta think that's at least as good a benefit as an ambient
air filter. 'Course, in the wintertime... :*)

Anyway, I'm gonna install it also for the heat exhaust reasons it's
designed for (Sierra foothills toasty summers); I'll just have to check
it now and then to see if it's accumulating much dust.

-Chris

Jim Behning wrote:
If you are doing a good job of dust collecting at the source then the
gable vent is not going to see much dust.

Jim B.