Littleberry

Default homemade radial compressor?

I would like to make a small homemade radial compressor in my amertuer
machine shop. I have a 3/4 hp electric motor (12 amps, 110v, 3600
rpm) with a 5/8" shaft that I would like to use to drive it. I don't
know where to start - can I expect a 3:1 compression ratis? I wonder
what kind of cfm at 45-50 psi I could expect.
I also wonder what kind of profile I should use for the fins, and how
many fins I should configure. Is there public data as to various fin
profiles verses efficiency and compression ratios? I am gueessing
that the compressor should probably wind up being about 6-8 inches in
diameter and maybe 4-6 inches in lenght. If there were plans (already
checked out and proven) I would certainly prefer to just buy the plans
instead of having to work all this out on my own. Any ideas would be
very much appreciated. littleberry