Jeff Wisnia

Haaken Hveem wrote:
Only if you "blue grinded" it.
If the steel turns blue, the hardening are ruined.
So cool it often, an dont overheat.
And yes, the can be re-hardened!

The easy way of hardenig is to heat the blade dull red. and throw it in a
can of water.

Unless you know the material's metalurgy and are knowledgeable about
heat treating I wouldn't chance doing that.

The thought of a too brittle blade shattering and tossing a piece out,
even if it just busts a window and not some child's face is just too
scarey for me to think about trying that myself.

Personally, I use my angle grinder with the mover blade still on the
machine and do my best to hit both ends evenly enough so I don't have to
mess with balancing the blade each time I sharpen it.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)