pegleg

Default weird home lighting problem

I noticed the brightness of the lights in one bedroom are much lower
than before. The fixture holds 4 40 watt bulbs and gives much less
light than the other BR which has 3 40 watt bulbs.

This started recently. Does anyone have experience with this odd
situation? I bought a new set of bulbs but the effect remained the
same. Could the wall control be at fault? (It is a fancy one with fan
controls, slow-medium-fast-off-lights on.).

Please email me at if this is a serious situation
(if, for example, the wiring might be at fault).

The house is late 1970s and the fixture in question was installed 3
years ago.
Thanks,

Bob Strauss