jim rozen

In article , Dave Hinz says...

Well, that's what I'm saying. If they haven't done it, then there
is a huge potential for vast improvements in performance by doing
it. If they answer "Yeah, it's a snap, buy a polysynch if you
don't have one", then that tells you more about the seller and how
they may have kept the bike up.

I like to just short first one, and then the other, plug to
ground. If the sync is right the idle will not change speed
at all when this is done. I've found that setting the idle
air screw on those carbs seems to be done best with *both*
carbs running, unlike the bikes I have with direct slide
carbs.

Maybe the one I bought was more fscked up than normal, but they were
_way_ out of tune with each other when I got it. Then again, the clutch
was out of adjustment (no free play - 30 second fix), the oil was
chunky, the voltage regulator was shot, and one fork was nearly dry.
Guy figured the bike was ready to part out, when it just needed about
an hour of attention (and a voltage regulator from one of my parts Saabs).

Those are good buys - the bike I bought had the headlight installed
upside down. The seller made the comment "I don't like those H4 headlights
very much, they don't seem to work very well...."

Jim

please reply to: