anita

Aargh! I left the shop-vac lying around and it looks like my hubby came
home- saw new toy and tried to clean the registers. I see evidence of
this activity by a small piece of insulation lying off the side of the
register!
The rest of the insulation, I presume has safely been disposed off to
conceal evidence.

Here I was worrying about insulation that might be blowing fibres into
the air, now I have NO doubt. I'm a little scared to see what the damage
is like. Hubbies! you gotta love them!

Any suggestions for an air purifier to remove the fibres ? till we get
some $ to get the heating ducts replaced ?

Steve, pity you are in NC/SC, I am in Washington State- near Seattle.

Do you have any suggestions for a good- reliable HVAC guy who actually
would bother to explain to me, what he is doing ?

I am sick of all kinds of service people just not telling me what they
propose to do... I have to try VERY hard to get any information out of
them. I guess it woud be somewhat understandable if they thought I was a
DIY who'd attempt this myself after sneakily extracting all sorts of
info from them. One look at me and they'd know. DIY- NOT.

I am truly interested in learning about my home. sigh.

Your post have been extremely useful in understanding some of this
stuff, do u have any links where they have some basic description about
duct replacement and heating system replacement.

BTW- our furnace - 80% efficiency replaced in 2001. So its too new to
throw out and too inefficient to live with- such is life.

Thanks
Anita