al

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
Push fit fittings work perfectly well provided that you follow
manufacturer instructions. This means that tube ends must be square
and clean. If you are using plastic pipe, use the proper cutting
tool. If you are using copper, then a tubing cutter. On no account
use a hacksaw.

If you feel more comfortable with compression, then fine, but both are
perfectly suitable.

I got one of the little mini-cutters for difficult places so I should get a
good cut and be able to clean it up a bit with some wire wool. Which brings
me to my next point .... since I'll have to join to the end of an old pipe,
it sounds like I may get a more reliable join with a compression fitting.

I've heard of using both PTFE tape and threadseal over the olive to help
seal it up more. Hype or help?