Sam Goldwasser

"Nexus7" writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:
"Nexus7" writes:
Bill Renfro wrote:
Why do you have 3 GFCI outlets on the same circuit? Only the

first
I figured if I did it that way, diagnosing a trip or other

condition
So, now you will have some random combinatino of GFCIs tripping,

rather
than only one.
Realize that there is no guarantee that only the GFCI at the affected
outlet will trip!

I haven't been very clear in my wording, but the GFCIs are fed from the
same breaker. However they are in parallel across this set of wires,
and they connect to the wires only at the 'Line' terminals, not the
'Load' ones. I think in this situation each should trip iff there is a
leakage associated with the load connected to itself only.

Yes, that's correct.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.