Old Nick

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:03:11 -0400, "PDQ" wrote
something
.......and in reply I say!:

the root of two times the square of the thickness of the board.

Which I immediately read as "1.414 * thickness * thickness". I would
have to gnash quite a bit before I was happy that I had it right or
wrong.

Amongst all your arguing, I think it would have made matters a damned
sight easier if you had used a few brackets to clear things up right
at the start, or rephrased your statement.

You were replying to someone, who was asking about a very fundamental
geometry question, in a way guaranteed to provide abiguity to all but
the "inner circle" of your conventions of math and English.

Subsequent replies from you indicate that basically you were being a
smartarse.

All you had to say was "the square root of (two times (the square of
the thickness of the board))".

or even (sqrt(2*(thickness ^2))"

WHY _ARE_ WE HERE?

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music