Jason D.

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:25:14 GMT, Tom MacIntyre
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:37:12 GMT, (Brad) wrote:

Hi,

I have a Samsung TV TXE2545 mfg 4/97 in my shop with
half a picture (bottom half) which is linear (normal). At the center (top of
half of picture) is a bright horizontal line. Above, the screen is black.
I scoped the input signal (pin 1) to IC301 TDA8350Q and it looks normal.
Pins 4 and 8 have a little above normal voltage. Could the cause
of this problem be IC301?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Vertical IC, but there is an upgrade for those sets also. They
(Samsung) recommend adding some components to the vertical section
(zeners and ceramic capacitors, I think) to stabilize the circuit.

Hmmm, that bugger runs real HOT. Change all 3 caps for that vertical
circuit and the IC. This one uses dual voltage design, one positive,
one negative.

Yes there is Samsung's bulletin on that design.

Cheers,

Wizard