Charles Krug

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:13:00 GMT, Scott Lurndal
wrote:

Calculus--that stuff with differentials and integrals you might have
hit in college.

College ? Don't you guys do this in secondary school?
(about age 13/14 ?)

Some do. Most don't. Modern schools no longer place any emphasis on
learning - they are just socialization vehicles.

I hit Calc as a HS Senior in 1980, then again as a college freshman.

MUCH later when I finished, I did Advanced Calculus (Sometimes called
"Introductory Real Analysis" where you do all the proving.

The other "prove it" courses were Discrete Mathematics (all about
counting) and "Modern Algebra" (Properties of sets, operations, groups,
rings, fields . . . )

Great fun.