Philski

Ken wrote:
Try Watco Danish oil stain, goof proof , compatible with water based top
coat, let dry a couple of days before topcoating.

Apply with a rag try to keep top wet let set for 5-10 min. then wipe off
with grain. Follow instructions easy as pie.

Ken

"Philski" wrote in message

All,
I am looking for advice on the best way to stain a large surface. I have a
fairly large table top to stain. I want to avoid splotches/uneven
appearance. I am leaning toward spraying the stain vs. using a brush,
roller or rag. The stain I will be using is necessarily water-based. (The
final finish is a water-based poly....) Do I just do it in manageable
sections or flood the entire surface and wipe up with rags quickly?

I have succesfully stained smaller project but a table top is going to
offer a totally new experience for me.

Thanks, as always, in advance....

Philski

I have used Watco a million times in the past. It is a nice finish but I
want something more substantial therefore the preference for a stain vs
a Danish Oil.

Philski