Stan

Will,
When I glued it up was in the middle of winter (very cold here near
Lake Ontario), but we experienced a couple of days of warm (above 60F)
weather so I took my chance and glued up. The harsh cold that followed
may have caused stress. The glue was brand new. I may have clamped
too hard.

I'm thinking about either taking a syringe or a small pump with a
needle that is used to inflate balls and tires and putting glue into
it, inserting the needle in the crack, and then pumping in the glue and
then clamp. Another thought is to drill a small hole from the side or
bottom and insert the glue enough to spread it around and then
re-clamp.
Stan