Olaf

" wrote in
message ...

well.....the group was started back when the FEW people on the net,
understood what it meant to have a FAQ.
Paul will not agree with me on this, but its real simple...

Back in the day, you found the FAQ, you read it, thought about your post,
and then posted if it was within the FAQ guidelines.
You did that out of respect..now, its screw the FAQ, I can get the group,

so
I can post to it....
True....anyone can post, and anyone can reply anyway they see fit. Its

that
way in every group....but we have said time and time again to post here

and
we would answer the questions.....most of the guys in alt.hvac wont even
open a homeowner question.
Now, what good would posting there be if NO ONE opened them?

Personally, I figure that if we are gonna answer them here, dont ask over
there. If you do, just be ready for whatever comes your way, since the

same
so called right that allowed you to post there against the FAQ, also

allows
replies to be geared in whatever vein they will be...
Ive been known to answer a question here, in detail, yet over there blast
the poster a new one...its all in the manner its presented, how its
presented, and if they get ****y when they are told to post it over here.

I see. That's pretty much what I saw over there. A seemingly innocent person
came in with a DIY question, then was (politely) redirected to here. The OP
got ****y, and so did the regulars in return. I don't have to say who 'won'.
lol

I'm still a newbie pretty much. Never really dove too deeply into the
history of the net.. just started using it in 1999. I guess there is a
tendency to figure it's a free-for-all if you have legal access to it.

Gotta love it!

Thanks for taking the time. :-D