jakdedert

Sam Goldwasser wrote:
"jakdedert" writes:

NSM wrote:
"Mike" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for the help. But can anyone tell me why the buttons on the
watch won't work but the display still works?

Because it's a Casio!

I'm still using the Casio that I found lying in the street around 15
years ago. I've put several new bands on it and cleaned the gunk
out of the pins which activate the switches, as well as changing out
several batteries. I've bought--or been given--several watches in
the intervening years; but this is the only one which seems to keep
working. I wear it 24/7, even in the shower and pool. It gains
about a minute/month when on my wrist, and loses about the same if
left in a drawer...undoubtedly due to temperature variation.

If you'd ever had a Casio, you'd probably not have written the
above. When this one finally bites it, I'll most certainly buy
another. It's the only piece of technology that I've used daily for
this long, which still works.

Same here. I paid 50 cents for my Casio at a garage sale. I think
it's still on the original battery after at least 8 years. I gave up
on the
band and just keep it in my pocket. It's one of those with 32 phone
numbers, multiple alarms, stop watch, timer, dual time zones, etc.
I have a spare that has the calculator. ;-)

I wash mine every time I wash my body g It stays on my arm except to
clean underneath....

It doesn't have any 'fancy' features...basic alarm, stopwatch, calender.
What it 'does' have is a display which shows *all* of the time/calender
information at a glance...no button pushing: time, am/pm, date & day of
week. I only have to keep in my head what year it is.G

Some day I'll find another like it, with bigger digits (and a better
backlight). Fifteen years ago, I could read all of it a bit more easily.
:-(

jak

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/ Repair | Main Table of Contents:
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/REPAIR/ +Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/lasersam.htm | Mirror
Sites: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the
excessive traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header
above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line.
Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.