jakdedert

Bill Jeffrey wrote:
I had a multi-function / multi-button Casio that did this. After I
owned it a few years, I found that I had to press one of the buttons
harder and harder to make it register. I changed the battery, but it
didn't help. This happened over the space of only a few weeks, and
then another button started doing the same thing. I concluded that
the conductive material on the buttons had either worn away or gotten
dirty, and since I couldn't get ready access to the buttons, I
abandoned it.

I'm trying to visualize the arrangement of the buttons. I had the same
problem, but fixed it. IIRC, it involved cleaning out some external gunk on
the pins themselves, which limited full travel.

I remember that the last time (recently) I changed out the battery, I
tweaked the switches on the internal module as well. Mine works perfectly
15+ years later. Of course, it has the old style incandescent backlight,
which is fairly useless...but it 'does' light when I push the button.

jak

Sorry

Bill
------------------------

Mike wrote:

Thanks for the help. But can anyone tell me why the buttons on the
watch won't work but the display still works? I only wore it once or
twice before it stopped working. I didn't open it before then or hit
it against something or get it wet. I'm also baffled as to why the
original battery is still working some 13 years later when Casio says
it should last 5 years. I've been thinking of buying a new watch
similar to this one but I'm hesitant to since I had such bad luck
with
this one. I was just hoping that maybe it would be easier and cheaper
for someone to fix it now with all this new technology then it was
years ago.

"Bram Stolk" wrote in message
.. .

it is a tricky way but it can be done...
remove the clockworks completely (that's including the plastic
casing) from its housing
separate the plastic frame from the clock
remove the little screw you spoke about earlier
look at the edges of the big battery clip holder, they latch to the
clock housing at three locations,
pry-off the cover plate...Presto battery can be removed. Before you
reassemble in reverse order make sure that the pushbuttons in the
housing can move freely, lube with light oil if necessay or remove
them completely to remove sweat and dirth

Unless you have some emotional ties with this watch donot even
start all this work and replace it by a new one...

"testortool" schreef in bericht

A good jewelry / watch shop will change out the battery for a few
bucks in labor if you haven't already broken something.

"Mike" wrote in message
m...

I have a Casio digital technical watch that seems to be broken. I
was hoping that taking the battery out may reset it so it will
work right. Unfortunately, I can't get the battery out. I was
hoping
someone here might be able to help me.