Grant Erwin

Jack Hayes wrote:

I am almost finished rebuilding a Dumore series 44 TPG. Now I need help on
how best to operate it. For test grinding the material will be 4140
unhardened, if that works then I have some MT 2 and 3 centers to resurface.
What type of stone will be suitable for these materials? How important is
the SFPM of the work piece, does this have much impact on the surface
finish? The motor bearings have been replaced but not the spindle bearings,
does anyone here have experience replacing these?

Thanks for any and all help Jack

If you are going to take on rebuilding a Dumore spindle I would suggest
you call Dumore and ask to talk to their service guy and request that he
fax you their internal procedure for this rebuild. Without that you are
really flying blind. I did this when I rebuilt the spindle of my K.O. Lee
surface grinder and I would have been hosed without it. - GWE