Boris Beizer

"Peter Merriam" wrote in message
news:WHQ6e.29888$jR3.23068@edtnps84...
I have a Palmgren milling attachment,Model 250 ( also sometimes
called a "vertical slide") in excellent condition for sale. It looks
like a vise mounted on a z-axis track and can be adjusted vertically
to .001" to place your work piece at the correct position for milling
on the lathe. It fits a 9 to 12 inch lathe.

Don't sell it if you don't need the money.

1. When I only had one milling machine, I had to make some adapters to
mount a new motor ... needed a mill to fix a mill... my vertical slide came
in really handy.

2. There have been several occassions where I used the vertical slide as a
tool post or as a work holder in the lathe.

Now, with a horizontal and vertical mill and a drill press with an XY
table .. I still won't give up my vertical slide.. you just never know when
you'll want that third degree of freedom.

Boris

--

Boris Beizer Ph.D. Seminars and Consulting

TEL: 215-572-5580
FAX: 215-886-0144
Email bsquare "at" sprintmail.com