tony sayer

In article , Rick news@pen-
y-geulan.com writes
I have never had mice before, but this year both my houses have them.

The farm house / renovation project its expected, and we have caught a
few in traps. The "edge of town" house, which I have owned 10 years
has never had them before, and I only found them as a drain pipe has
started leaking after 9 years of good service - now I know why !!

Is this a problem year for mice for some reason ?

My dilema is that I don't want to poison them and have dead mice
rotting in the walls somewhere, but trapping a whole family of them
seems to take for ever, are these my only two choices ?

Thanks
Rick

FWIW We have a building out in the sticks which has gaps along some of
the walls about an inch or so above the ground. Someone suggested that a
temporary and cheap mousy prevention measure was to put some gravel
along the gap so that if mousy were to tunnel the gravel would
immeaditly collapse and mousy would either give up or get trapped in the
gravel.

Dunno what might be better pea shingle or something larger?....
--
Tony Sayer