Rick

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 06:59:02 GMT, "tom patton"
wrote:

Hi all
The brickie comes tomorrow to start building my extension.It needs 700
18x8x4 7 N blocks.He told me he would need several half blocks cut.Out with
the diamond blade Stihl saw on with the water system--help!! the marking
lines obscured/washed off by concrete gunk.
Is there a jig I can buy or do I have to bodge something up I was thinking
made of 2x2-yup Im an old imperialist its much superior to simple metric
3/4-1/2-1/4-1/8-1/18-1/32-1/64-et al.

4 inch Bolster and lump hammer do the job just fine.

put block on FLAT, CLEAN surface, score a line, wack a line with a
couple of wacks on the bolster at each end, then a couple more with
harder wacks - it shoule be throught by now.

The the under surface is not flat & clean it will effect where the cut
goes.

Rick