Alun

does anyone have any experience of turning wooden sinks / baths - in
particular what is your experience on the finish used. It must
obviously be waterproof, long lasting , heat proof etc. Any suggestions
would be approeciated.

Hi Geoff,

How are things? There's a company very near to me in Enniskerry that
make wooden bathtubs, albeit not turned. It's a pretty commercial
operation, so I'm not sure whether they'd give away any of their 'trade
secrets' especially as, according to their website, they have a patent
on some aspect or the other of the construction, but you can find them
along with any contact info on
http://www.driftwood.ie.

There was a turned wooden bathroom sink on display at the last Axminster
show, complete with all fixtures and fittings. It looked very
impressive, I must say. As for finish, I'd say it was lots and lots and
lots (did I say lots?) of coats of some clear varnish, maybe something
borrowed from the boating world?

--
Alun Saunders