Richard Faulkner

In message , "Pet @
www.gymratz.co.uk" writes
Prog/stats. quite how do they work... i.e. do they have a "fuzzy logic"
so the temp you want at a set time is the time they know from previous
days that needs the heating switching on X hrs prior or are they really
just nothing more than a "programmer" fitted in place of a T/Stat but
with t/stat capabilities?

They are generally programmers which alter the thermostat at times which
you set. E.g. if there is a change from 16 to 20 at 1700, it starts
heating up to 20 at 1700 and reaches 20 when it reaches it.

I know "Optimum start" t/stat's delay coming on to the last moment. is
this for all programs in day or just the first.

Also.... lets say, at 1700 hrs you have a temp change from 16 deg.C to
21 deg.C which temp takes priority 16 or 21.

Presumably, the optimum stats will start heating from 16 to 20 before
1700, so that they aim to be at 20 at 1700 - I havent used one, so am
guessing here.

Am I making any sense at all?

Kind of g

--