Sam Goldwasser

"jakdedert" writes:

NSM wrote:
"Mike" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for the help. But can anyone tell me why the buttons on the
watch won't work but the display still works?

Because it's a Casio!

I'm still using the Casio that I found lying in the street around 15 years
ago. I've put several new bands on it and cleaned the gunk out of the pins
which activate the switches, as well as changing out several batteries.
I've bought--or been given--several watches in the intervening years; but
this is the only one which seems to keep working. I wear it 24/7, even in
the shower and pool. It gains about a minute/month when on my wrist, and
loses about the same if left in a drawer...undoubtedly due to temperature
variation.

If you'd ever had a Casio, you'd probably not have written the above. When
this one finally bites it, I'll most certainly buy another. It's the only
piece of technology that I've used daily for this long, which still works.

Same here. I paid 50 cents for my Casio at a garage sale. I think it's
still on the original battery after at least 8 years. I gave up on the
band and just keep it in my pocket. It's one of those with 32 phone numbers,
multiple alarms, stop watch, timer, dual time zones, etc. I have a spare
that has the calculator. ;-)

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.