TKM

"Julian" wrote in message
ps.com...
Did a search here, then searched around the inside of the house for any
other tripped gfi outlets. Didn't find any but reset them anyway.
Didn't find any tripped circuit breakers in the panel, but reset some I
thought might service the gfi outlet(can't read electrician's
descriptions of some of the breakers, musta been an MD in a former
life). I'm sure I've missed something. Do they ever just die? (gfi
outlets, not electricians....)

The GFCI won't reset unless it has power coming in; so that's the first
thing to check. Can you just take the plate off and check that with a
tester? If there's no power, you have a circuit breaker or wiring problem.
If you have power at the input to the GFCI and it won't reset, chances are
it's faulty.

TKM