Ed Sirett

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:33:53 +0100, tapiochre wrote:

raden Wrote:
.... oh and potterton's current "reason" for failure of suprima pcbs is
that they are sited too close to the heat exchanger. Move over at the
comedy club, there's a new act in town !

That's interesting....

I have a Suprima 50 and over the last 3 years since install, its had a
new solenoid about a year ago and a new HT lead (3 weeks ago). Now its
developed a problem where gas ignites and then after 3-4 seconds
extinguishes. The three re-tries happen and then we enter lockout.

We thought we'd take the tried and trusted route of total power off to
the boiler and leave for 5 minutes. 7 out of 10 times the fault goes
away for a few hours but then returns. So... when time passes with no
activity... it get better... is there a logical conclusion? Duff
capacitor? Heat failure?

Either way Geoff, expect a call from me soon for a new PCB!

By the way, what's the difference between these parts on your website
Geoff:

Potterton - Suprima - 407750 - 114954
Potterton - Suprima - 510216 - 114954

My user guide refers to 114954 PCB Issue 04..?

Apparently there are 13 issues of the PCB and now they have introduced a
complete redesign.