Michael Black

Mike ) writes:
Thanks for the help. But can anyone tell me why the buttons on the
watch won't work but the display still works? I only wore it once or
twice before it stopped working. I didn't open it before then or hit
it against something or get it wet. I'm also baffled as to why the
original battery is still working some 13 years later when Casio says
it should last 5 years. I've been thinking of buying a new watch
similar to this one but I'm hesitant to since I had such bad luck with
this one. I was just hoping that maybe it would be easier and cheaper
for someone to fix it now with all this new technology then it was
years ago.

Because while there are switches on the module, the buttons you press
are only the buttons to manipulate those switches. If the module isn't
properly aligned with the buttons, then you will have problems activating
the switches.

I've changed batteries in such watches, and had to reopen the case
to adjust the alignment a bit in order to get the switches right.
And my memory is that the alignment could be off enough to cause
problems and still not be visually noticeable.

As for batteries, the estimate may have no basis. Or it may be
based on actual use, which includes activating the backlight. If
you aren't using the watch, you'll never activate the backlight, and
that's what uses up the battery. INdeed, I've not found the estimate
of battery life on the watches I've had very accurate, since I use
the backlight quite a bit and that wears out the battery much faster.

Michael