Doug Miller

In article , "PDQ" wrote:
Picky, picky, picky.

If you want to play those games, Doug:

"Bevel" is described as "the angle formed at the juncture of two non =
perpendicular surfaces."

"Miter" could mean "a tall ornamental liturgical headdress" worn by some =
members of the clergy, or it could mean, as it does in this case, =
"either of the surfaces that come together in a miter joint".

If you want to play with polygonal surfaces, why not say so? "board =
_not_ squared" is so imprecise.

I guess your problem must lie with your inability to visualize the =
position of the board within its frame of reference.

You missed the point rather dramatically, I'm afraid. You wrote that the width
of the miter was proportional to "the square of the width of the board".

This is false.

It is proportional to the *width* of the board. Period. Not the square of its
width.

You then compounded this error by repeating it with respect to thickness, and
bevels.

And now you've compounded it still further by showing that, in addition to
your difficulties with mathematics, you also have some reading comprehension
issues.

--
Regards,