Gary A in KC

I think the waterborne stuff has come a long way in the last several years.
I don't see the "milky" look to the finish. I'm putting mine on top of some
nice curly cherry with some panels of beautiful quilted mahogany veneer and
inlays. The first few coats have popped the figure in the wood out nicely.

Rule of thumb on these seems to be if you coat within 24 hours you don't to
scuff the surface for good adherence. Not sure about the CrystalLac though.
I've got to level off the first few coats I put on before I do my next
couple of coats to get some dust nibs and a few runs off. So not really a
good test for the adherence. But I'll let you know what I do find out from
this experience.

I love the look and ease of traditional nitro lacquers (I love the spray
cans of Deft for small projects) but the fumes are just too much for big
projects for me. So far, so good with the CrystalLac.

Gary in KC

"Robatoy" wrote in message

Could you keep us posted how that new coat adheres to the previous one
(if there is an overlap)?

That is one of the reasons I have stuck to nitro based lacquer..I know
the next coat will cohere to the previous one. With WB finishes, the
outcome hasn't been that reliable for me. Mind you, that testing was
done 10 years ago...who knows now, eh?