Christian McArdle

Default "Sold" boards should only be allowed after exhange of contract

If agents were not allowed to erect the "Sold" board until contracts
had been exchanged, the meaning of "Sold" would carry a lot more
weight.

It isn't the estate agents doing this. It is the buyers. When having an
offer accepted and ready to roll, I have always insisted as part of the
offer that the board is changed to "Sold STC" and that no further marketing
is done. I don't want to spend £££s on the survey and booking mortgages to
find someone putting in a higher offer 2 months down the line because they
saw the sign.

Christian.