dadiOH

Ben Gold wrote:
I'd like to eventually put an 8 foot long (approx) 2-3 foot wide
wooden counter in my home. It will likely be supported by thin
cabinets, floor to ceiling posts at each end (already supporting the
ceiling), and probably a couple legs.

I'd like for one side of it to be like a bar in that you can sit at it
and have your legs go under it (i.e. it hangs over whatever it is
resting on).

€ how hard would it be to
build myself?

Not hard, just lots of gluing (you want the surface to be end grain)

€ And lastly, what kind of wood do you prefer for butcher blocks?

Personally, I like hickory.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...