David

Jeff, I laid the ruler out again and it still looks like it's close to
85% or so. I place the ruler in front of me, on paper, and then pivot
it about the zero mark (at the left end). The I look to see how far
along the original line the 1" mark is and it looks to be over 85% along
that path, if I draw a line straight down from the 1" mark to the
original path line. The triangle that would result is an isosceles
triangle with 2ea 1 inch sides. But then I can't figure out how to
determine where a line between one of the equal angles and the opposite
equal length line, would intersect (that would give me the distance that
I'm looking for).

Dave

JeffB wrote:

Hope the ASCII art is legible...