Richard Clark

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:40:56 -0700, Wes Stewart
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:08:54 -0700, Richard Clark
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:48:17 -0500, Tom Ring
wrote:

HP416A.

Hi Tom,

By description and application, probably, but I need a picture or
manual to be able to confirm. I've calibrated and used so much
different gear that the numbers blur.

http://www.qsl.net/n7ws/HP416.pdf

GAD!

I had forgotten that white elephant. Thanx Wes.

Tom,

It is pretty much in the same class of expanded range, 1KHz tuned AC
Voltmeters. As long as you reference and return to a Cardinal point
on the scale, accuracy you describe can be supported.

In fact, this class of instrumentation is probably the best leverage
to building a very good RF lab. You can spend more, you could even
find equipment that does most of the grunt work for you, but it is
still a long shot that you will obtain more accuracy.

Accuracy is steadfastly bound to method and this style of
instrumentation reveals an example of method thought out and polished
with the best of engineering thought.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC