Andy Wade

basil wrote:

Peter Parry wrote:
Indeed, Freeview picture quality is usually considerably better and
more consistent than analogue.

You dont see the artifacting then?

Analogue has artefacts too (non-linearity, diff. phase and gain errors,
PAL cross colour, etc., etc.). I find I rarely notice MPEG artefacts,
but find almost all off-air analogue TV pictures look slightly noisy
now. I'm firmly in the digital's miles better camp, but others will
disagree.

[DECT]
It can never be better than analoge because it has a d/a and a/d
converters and the transmiter and receiver then it just goes in the
same analoge socket my phone would go in.

The comparison was with analogue cordless phones. The noise and
distortion introduced by the DECT codec is much less than that
introduced by the analogue radio link in the older systems. DECT is a
really good system.

--
Andy