basil

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:49:55 +0100, Peter Parry
wrote:

Indeed, Freeview picture quality is usually considerably better and
more consistent than analogue.

You dont see the artifacting then?

In the same way DECT, unless you he ave
some very poor ones, is at worst indisguishable from wired phones and
often somewhat better because the signal processing opportunities are
greater.

It can never be better than analoge because it has a d/a and a/d
converters and the transmiter and receiver then it just goes in the
same analoge socket my phone would go in.

I have a mixture of Siemens and Philips DECT and Elmeg and Panasonic
wired phones - it isn't possible to distinguish the speech quality
between them. Even the cheap Binatones in the workshop (where
instrument life tends to be short and end with "Where did you put
the..oh b$££"r" and low cost is important) are perfectly good, if a
little quiet.

Yea they are cheap and also easy to set up an exchange with, but a bit
like comparing wireless to wired LAN, wired is best.

I once tried my *expensivish* phone in the analoge port of my old T/A
and I can say its a pitty we cant have a fully digital phone network