Andy Dingley

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:50:46 +0100, Cuprager wrote:

He had a quote from a tree surgeon to remove these trees, the
price was about 1k. Quite a lot of cash.

Sounds a bit cheap - is this guy kosher ? Leylandii are a git to
fell - thick enough to be a problem to shift, too thin to climb,
usually in too confined a space to fell in one drop. if you're working
near houses, particularly neighbour's houses, then you want to see
their insurance signed in blood before they begin.

BTW - Anyone want a burned out E-type Jag ? A guy just up the road
from me decided to remove a couple of Thrower's Dooms and rejected the
quote he had from my friend the tree feller. So he set to and felled
them himself - without injury. Patting himself on the back for his
economy he then decided to dispose of the wreckage with a bonfire.

Those of you who've burned Leylandii before will know what a safe
distance is between fresh boughs thrown on a hot bonfire and a garage.
He didn't...