Greg

wrote in message
oups.com...
Sounds like an ad for a realtor.

You got that right. It's almost funny to read replies from certain people.
They really let you know where their income comes from. Of course, as a
result, their opinions are worthless.

As a person who has bought several houses over the years, I know that I
don't think any less of FSBO houses. A few such people have offered to
split the savings they got from having no agent, and it was a good deal.
People who are new to home buying and unaware of what needs to happen may be
cautious about it. An FSBO seller should provide information to reassure
such a buyer by recommending a few professional closing companies or lawyers
(depending upon which is commonly used in your area). Once a new buyer
knows every step of what needs to happen, any fear of FSBO's should be
mitigated.

More than once, the huge paycheck that the agents received on houses I
bought or sold was not earned at all. I knew what I wanted, where I wanted
it and what I was willing to pay. The agent did little more than print out
a listing that I could have retrieved from Realtor.Com. The work was worth
no more than $200. They were paid many thousands.

Beyond that, even when the realtor is allegedly working for the buyer, they
have far too much motivation to close at a higher price than is necessary.
Seems foolish to me.