Harry Everhart

You bought it on Ebay. That explains everything.....
Ebay, the place to buy someone elses broken junk.
About the only things I have ever bought on Ebay that were usable, was
books and a few pet supplies. Every electrical thing I have ever
gotten from Ebay was junk. Like the computer (CPU only) I bought on
Ebay that was listed as in "like new condition, and ready to use". It
came with a defective floppy drive, broken front panel on the case,
and no speaker. Plus it was listed to have 128 megs of ram, but only
had 64. I replaced the floppy, glued the cracked front, and added a
speaker from an old computer. and a week later smoke started coming
out of it. Some coil type of thing on the motherboard fried. I was
able to salvage the 10 gig harddrive a working but slow CD drive and
that one 64 meg memory stick, and tossed the rest of it in the
garbage. This mistake cost me $87. Then there was the reciprocatiing
saw that literally fell apart after 5 minutes of use. The steel frame
around the motor, inside the plastic housing was broken where the
blade assembly attached to the motor. It just vibrated itself apart.
That mistake cost me $45.
Aside from out of print books, I dont buy anything from Ebay anymore.
Mark

Dear Mark -

I have purchased and sold 170 different items on ebay in the last six
years. Among those I have bought are a $30,000 Coachmen Motor Home, a
$24,000 Miata Sports, and a $1100 Honda 80 Scooter. I have sold several
Mac Computers, Cell phones, cameras, tools, and anything else surplus I
was not using.

I purchased lots of furniture at deeply discounted prices.

I like eBay because I can get rid of things that are just collecting
dust around the house because I didn't really need them in the first
place or I have duplicates. It is like being able to spend my money a
second time. It also gets rid of some of the clutter that builds up in a
household.

I have an absolutely perfect 100% ebay rating. EVERY person that I have
dealt with has been perfect ladies and gentlemen. I have done everything
possible to make my buyers happy. I value my ebay rating.

On eBay - one must be very cautious. One must ask lots of questions and
check people's references. eBay has a lot to do with people's attitudes.
If you project a negative attitude - you often get back negative
attitude.

I am sure some folks have had bad deals on eBay like you claim. But your
generalization that almost everything on eBay is bad is just not right.

If you are unhappy eBay or had bad experiences - you are in a very small
minority. Often times people that do poorly on eBay use aliases when
they post on newsgroups. You have chosen to not use eBay anymore because
of bad deals. You should realize that a bad deal has two partners. :-)

eBay does not need stupid me to defend it - but when you attack eBay
buyers and sellers generally you are attacking me. And I do not deserve
that. :-)

Harry