Laurie Forbes

"Martin Whybrow" wrote in message

"Laurie Forbes" wrote in message
news:a8i6e.15409$yV3.5144@clgrps12...
Am hoping the computer types out there can help me with this problem.
For
some unknown reason, the spell checker in my Outlook Express has started
returning an "Error Occured When Spell Checking" message (no other
information is given). I cannot find a reference to this error anywhere

in
the docs and also cannot figure out how to delete and reload Outlook

Express
(it seems to be built into XP). I have tried reloading XP (in update

mode)
but that accomplished nothing useful.

Anyone have any suggestions??

TIA for any help..........

Laurie Forbes

OE is actually part of Internet Explorer. You can repair an IE
installation
via SettingsControl PanelAdd / Remove Programs, select the MS IE line
and
double click, you should see an option to repair the installation; the
line
for MS OE does not allow you to repair the installation, but you can
delete
it and reinstall it from an IE disk (from your XP disk).
Martin
--

Martin:

I've tried that but neither IE or OE show up in the list of installed
programs (that's what made me think they are built in to XP).

Also tried Add/Remove Windows Components - both IE and OE show up there but
all it does is remove access to the programs from the start menu.

I wonder if something else is cocked up here..........

To the guy who posted a web site to access a file to correct the problem, I
accidently erased your post and would appreciate it if you could kindly post
it again.

To the suggestion I switch to Eurdora, I have used Eurdora Free for years
but tried OE and found I liked it better - I've had no problems with it
except this one.

Thanks again for all who replied.........

Laurie Forbes