Harold Burton

"J. Mc Laughlin" wrote in message
Amen! If gold did not exist, it would need to be invented just for EE
purposes. 73 Mac N8TT

I've often entertained thoughts about the utility of gold in my other
hobby. I reload ammunition and cast lead bullets. Anything over 1200 to
1500 fps leads to leading from friction and gas cutting. Gold shares with
lead a high mass and malleability. Its higher melting point should allow
considerably higher velocities. Unfortunately I've not found suffient
quantities at economically feasible acquiral rates. Once Oklahoma gets its
lottery running and I win I'll get myself 4 or 5 pounds and find out if my
theory about gold bullets proves out. Another complication stems from the
high melting point which may prove damaging to my bullet molds. If that
should occur, I'll have to get someone to extrude me some gold rod and
lathe cut my gold bullets. Hmm, with gold rods, can gold ground plane
antennas for 2 and 6 meters be far behind? So many fun homebrew projects,
so little time, sigh.

Harold
KD5SAK