Doug Miller

In article , "John Gilmer" wrote:

"Walter R." wrote in message
.. .
I am replacing the shut-off valve under my sink. A compression fitting
connects the valve to the 1/2 inch copper line.

WHY are you replacing the valve? If it leaks, replace the washer/packing.

Sometimes that's easier said than done. Two weeks ago, I needed to repair a
leaking hose bibb that didn't need anything more than a new cone washer. Took
the old one to *three* different home centers, and found *nothing* to match.
Finally decided that spending five bucks to buy a new valve was a better use
of my time and money than driving all over town trying to find a washer.

--
Regards,