fredinstl

Default GFCI still tripping

thanks for your responses.
I installed a new GFCI, and it was still tripping.
I then tried again to plug it into the other plug I tried before, and I

realized it actually wasn't a GFCI (I couldn't see it as it was behind
a 2 - 6 plug adaptor :-( Being in the kitchen, I just assumed it was
GFCI, but it wasn't).
So now I know my espresso machine is at fault.
I opened the expresso machine, tied all connectors I could find, tried
it again, and it made the GFCI tripped.
Next thing I tried: changed the cord. I had one at home, so simple
enough. One thing I wasn't sure about is that it had blue, brown and
yellow-green cables (the espresso is made in Italy), but the cord I had

was the typical black, white and ground.
I connected in: black/brown, white/blue and yellow-green/ground (found
that info on the internet)
When plugged in, it doesnt' trip anymore. However, if I activate the
pump, it trips again.
Any idea before I take it to repair. I probably should do that, but I
bought it used on ebay, not exactly for cheap, and sent it to repair
about 5 months ago (they cleaned everything), so my 10 years old
machine already cost me more than a new one :-(
I would hate to fork another $100 on it...

thanks in advance. Fred

PS: I am reposting, as, for some reason, my msg didn't show up as new.

In my kitchen, my espresso machine is making the GFCI trip. When
plugging something else (such as toaster), it doesn't trip.
Also, plugging the espresso machine to another GFCI in my kitchen, it

doesnt' trip neither.
So is it due to the espresso machine or shall I just change the GFCI

?

thanks.

Fred.