JohnH

In article ,
says...
JohnH wrote:

I've just looked up about electric combi boilers, it seems this is what
I would need, assuming it pumps out hot water at a decent rate.

The trade does appear to use the name "electric combi boiler" for what
might be a suitable heating arrangement in your - unusual - situation. I
came across such a thing in a holiday cottage we rented a few weeks ago...

snip

What kW would be needed for an acceptable shower and for running a bath?
(won't be used for heating as there are electric rads here).

Hope the thumbnail above suggests hope, in that case - 2kW sounds
stupidly small, 12kW may be overkill (but would give you relatively fast
recovery, at the cost of needing a hefty feed (50A circuit, may need to
get yor supplier to uprate their incoming fuse).

snip

Thanks for the info there Stefek. After some consideration I think going
for one of these "electric combi boilers" is not really what I need. A
gas jobbie would be perfect, unfortunately no gas here.
So what someone else suggested on uk.rec.motorcycles was to use a mains
electric shower. They are cheap and should be simple enough to install
without the hassle and expense of ripping out the old tank etc..

Thanks for the tip about the handbrake on the car by the way, never
realised that could happen!

--
JH